P.O. Box 291
21060 Tranquility Way
Blackfoot, AB T0B 0L0
SEND US A MESSAGESEND US A MESSAGE
© 2020 Thorpe Recovery Centre. Compliance License.
Toll Free: 1.877.875.8890
P.O. Box 291,
21060 Tranquility Way
Blackfoot, AB T0B 0L0
Responding to the COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Pandemic
Effective: March 17, 2020
With increasing cases of the novel coronavirus in our region, Thorpe Recovery Centre is delaying admissions into its medically supported detox, residential treatment, and intensive programs until further notice. Thorpe will continue to provide quality addiction treatment services for those currently enrolled in detox, residential treatment, and our online continuing care programs.
For nearly 45 years, the Thorpe Recovery Centre has been committed to helping our community. The above measures are to assist in the suppression of the virus within our communities, and therefore, prevent the introduction and spread of the illness within our facility. Thanks to standard preventative measures, at the time of this publication, there have been no reported cases of COVID-19 at Thorpe Recovery Centre; however our teams are implementing social distancing tactics that best suit our programming format if the illness is presented. As an accredited and licensed healthcare facility it is our goal to continue working with Alberta Health Services, Saskatchewan Health Authority, and our partners to ensure a healthy environment for clients and staff and resume services in the near future.
Thorpe Recovery Centre has recently received additional funding from the Government of Alberta to fund 38 of 48 residential treatment beds, plus 8 medically supported detox beds. As our clients complete programming, these beds will remain vacant until safe to resume the intake process. Those who are seeking information on our services may still contact our admissions team toll-free at 1-877-875-8890 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask for no drop-in inquiries at this time.
As we work together to “flatten the curve” of the spread of the virus, we will continue to provide updates as they become available. We thank you for your understanding and cooperation to keep our community healthy.
Thorpe Recovery Centre’s Current COVID-19 Interventions:
Throughout our continuum of care, we adopt Universal Precautions—meaning we assume anyone and everyone could be carrying harmful bacteria and viruses. As such, we will maintain our high level of infection prevention and control, but in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the following will be in place until further notice:
– Comply with government recommendations regarding travel and illness.
– Screen both staff and clients with the AHS COVID-19 questionnaire.
– Staff with potential symptoms are required to isolate at home for 14 days.
– All cases will be documented and reported as per the organization’s Infection Prevention and Control policies.
– On-site client visitations will be postponed until further notice. Additional means of communication may be coordinated through the client’s counsellor.
– Off-site activities will be postponed until further notice.
– Conduct 12-Step Meetings using online/video resources.
– Non-essential building access by volunteers, contractors, and service delivery workers will be restricted and alternate contact/access will be coordinated by staff.
– Adopt “non-contact greeting protocols” (no handshaking or hugging) guidelines for staff, clients, or authorized outside visitors.
– Provide temporary private accommodations to current clients and implement social distancing practices as effectively as possible.
– Increase availability of hand hygiene stations and the communication of its importance throughout the facility.
– Maintain communication with clients, staff, funding partners and the community on a regular basis.
Should you have any questions regarding our infection prevention and control procedures or require support in any means, please contact our main line toll-free at 1-877-875-8890 or by email at email@example.com. We will continue to post updates on our social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) and website (www.thorperecoverycentre.org).
For the latest on the COVID-19 Outbreak, please see: https://www.alberta.ca/coronavirus-info-for-albertans.aspx
Again, I thank you for your understanding as we navigate this unprecedented event.
Chief Executive Officer