Family Intensive Program
Thorpe Recovery Centre’s Family Intensive is designed to help individuals and families learn healthy ways to live with addiction in their lives, regardless if your loved one is in a treatment program. It further provides friends and family with an opportunity to enter into their own journey of healing and begin to experience hope and recovery.
Led by Certified Addictions Counsellors, the online Family Intensive provides information and techniques that promote recovery for both the family and the individual with a substance use disorder. It can be incredibly confusing for someone who is not in active-addiction themselves to understand someone else’s behaviour. Therefore, the Family Intensive provides an opportunity individuals to recovery gain a better understanding of the disease of addiction, their family of origin, current family systems, and begin their own healing journey.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone whose life has been affected by someone else’s addiction.
- Anyone who wants to learn how to support someone in recovery.
- Anyone who wants to look after themselves while in a relationship with an addict. This includes parents, spouses, siblings, grandparents, friends, extended family, adult children, employers, and more.
- Professionals looking for information on addiction and the family.
Topics Covered in the Family Intensive
- Addictive Disorders
- Emotional Regulation and Self Care
- Family Dynamics
- Recovery Community
- Recovery Planning
2021 Program Dates:
- July 7 – 9 (June 18)
- August 5 & 6 (July 16)
- September 2 & 3 (August 13)
- September 30 & October 1 (September 10)
- November 4 & 5 (October 15)
- December 2 & 3 (November 12)
When you’re supporting someone in their recovery, it can be difficult to balance your own needs with the needs of others. This online workshop will help you re-focus on your wellness and gain the skills to set healthy boundaries, communicate effectively, and manage stress. The workshop also includes information on:
- Addictive Disorders
- Addiction & the Family
Participants will connect through a video platform to view lectures, join group discussions, and connect with our team for questions and review nightly homework assignments.
This workshop is offered online as we continue to adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic. Register today!
The Thorpe Recovery Centre takes a well-rounded approach to ensure clients are on the path to recovery and don’t substitute one addiction for another. Curriculum is tailored to each individual’s needs, and includes several core lectures, specialty groups and support groups to guide clients on their journey.
The Thorpe Recovery Centre provides structure and basic guidelines clients will need when they re-integrate into the “real world”.